[TowerTalk] Parallel dipole construction questions

Wes Attaway (N5WA) wesattaway at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 19 14:35:24 PDT 2010

Depending on the angle of your Vee you may not need any spreaders at all.
Just attach the 40M wires at center insulator, put an insulator on each end,
and then run a string to the end insulators of the 80M wire.  The 40M wires
will hang down under the 80M wires.

You will have to play around with wire length.  If 40M is resonating a bit
too high then just twist an inch or two of wire to the ends and let them
hang down.  If resonance is too low you will need to cut a little bit off
each end.

You need to use a decent grade of string that will withstand UV and weather.

1138 Waters Edge Circle - Shreveport, LA 71106
    318-797-4972 (office) - 318-393-3289 (cell)
        Computer Consulting and Forensics