[TowerTalk] Tower-climbing pictures

John E. Cleeve g3jvc at jcleeve.idps.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 07:51:54 PDT 2010

I tried to look at the pictures but the Sentinel could not find them.

	However, during a recent trip to Scotland, I was told of a
professional tower worker, who was working aloft on one of the Scottish
masts, when a jet fighter "ground hugging" and flying below the level at
which the tower worker was working, accidently "twanged" one of the mast
outer guy supports with the wing tip, which sent a shock wave up the guy and
brought the tower worker off the tower, fortunately, he was wearing a full
harness....apparently the aircraft flew on! Wear a full harness when working
at heights.

	I have also seen photograph of a light aircraft, where the pilot
buried its nose into a high lattice structure some where in the USA, and the
pilot climbed out and down the mast to safety, how fortunate for him it was
a mast, and not a vertical radiator.

	73, John, G3JVC.