[TowerTalk] Tower-climbing pictures

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Thu Jul 22 05:10:07 PDT 2010

* On 2010 21 Jul 08:12 -0500, Alan NV8A wrote:
> Page 3 of today's (Wednesday, July 21) _Holland [MI] Sentinel_ has
> pictures of Kent Ornto, a professional tower climber from Texas,
> climbing the 225ft tower at Ottawa County's Fillmore complex.
>
> In the one picture I see that he is wearing a belt, but I see no sign in
> any of the pictures that he has it attached to anything.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as these may have been staged
photos.  Still, having the obvious attachment to the safety climb cable
would have been a nice touch.  He may be connected, but it' s not
obvious.  The picture with him up the tower a ways is inconclusive to
me.

Still, parading a "tower dogs" sort of climbing is a disservice to the
true professionals in the field.

73, de Nate >>