[TowerTalk] metal-on-metal interference

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat Jul 24 01:02:51 PDT 2010

On 7/23/2010 7:02 PM, K1TTT wrote:
> No, metal on metal rubbing by itself doesn't cause interference.  But if
> there is a voltage difference between the parts that are rubbing THAT can
> cause interference.

There I disagree.  When the local repeater was here, I could walk up to
the guy lines and rub a 10" screwdriver blade against any of them and
drown out a 50 watt mobile 2 miles away. BUT if they are two metal parts
in the near field they are most likely going to have different voltages
on them.

73

Roger (K8RI)