[TowerTalk] MORE - 2 element 20m yagi resonates too high in frequency

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu Jun 3 13:37:26 PDT 2010

Did you model the antenna and your resonate frequency is higher?   I think
that testing the antenna by aiming it into the ground is not a reliable
test, I would raise it up at least 35' high and then test it.

BTW, You can easily build a two element yagi (with a reflector) using
insulated elements that has close to 50 ohms impedance and eliminate the
match and associated adjustments.

John KK9A