[TowerTalk] Shack ground

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Jun 16 13:44:31 PDT 2010

See the latest QST for an interesting article by Jim, N3JT.  Experts on
this list will probably weigh in, but the new thing I found was his
bonding of the electrical outlet grounds in his shack to the shack's
single point ground.  This is presumably intended to prevent the shack
ground from rising too far above real ground in the event of a nearby
lightning strike.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com