[TowerTalk] Shack ground

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 18 15:30:26 PDT 2010

I concur, personally I'm satisfied with a continous piece where possible (ie. one piece of wire is run thru the various lugs as opposed to being spliced) of number 3 copper wire run outside the house.   When I see ham shacks with separate low impedance RF grounds I can't help but think about what might happen if there was a serious ground fault and the only bond between the home electrical system ground and the low impedance RF ground was via a ground wire in a piece of 14/2 romex that ran thru the house to the electrical outlet that powers the ham gear.