[TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Motor

Gene Fuller w2lu at rochester.rr.com
Sun Mar 14 19:58:29 PDT 2010

What is the maximum DC voltage used successfully/recommended for one of the "small"  PPM's ?  What speed was accomplished and how was the brush life at that voltage ?
I 'm building a power supply to put at the base of the tower and can change the voltage from about 30 to 48 volts in 6 volt steps. Cable to PPM will be 100 feet of 3-#12's. I'm figuring about 0.5 ohms and about a ten amp demand  i.e. a 5 volt drop.
Thanks,
Gene / W2LU