[TowerTalk] 2" O.D. Pipe???

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Mar 18 16:05:07 PDT 2010

Robert West wrote:
> What I've been getting from Home Depot has a heavy weld inside, very
> visible.  Seems pretty strong, not springy at all.

Generally...I I have to emphasize the generally as there are so many
variations, but the fencing is *generally* either springy or more rigid.
The more rigid actually not being as strong, BUT when using for a mast,
if you are not going with a large wind load nor more than a few feet
above the top of the tower it should work. It's better than EMT, but not
a great material for masts.

73

Roger (K8RI)