[TowerTalk] 2" OD pipe.. again

Charlie Gallo Charlie at TheGallos.com
Fri Mar 19 06:40:15 PDT 2010

On 3/19/2010 Michael Ryan wrote:

>  REALLY HOPE these
> guys use their water pipes, pipe cleaners, or pool cleaners, or whatever, to
> prop up their antennas.

As someone said - there is a place for everything.  That said, my dinky little TA-33Tigarray (a Jr with the full power traps) will be sitting on 2" mast, and only about 6 inches above the thrust bearing, so I'm not worried

BTW - same rotor, same antenna sat on top of a 40ft tube tower, on the roof of a building for MANY years (Till I got to take it down), right on the shore, in a high wind area - what did they use?  a 9 inch long (or so) piece of 1.75 inch SOLID Aluminum round - the antenna was, however, only a whopping 1 or 2 inches above the rotor

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

My Website: http://www.thegallos.com