[TowerTalk] ma-40 documentation

Steve, W3AHL w3ahl at att.net
Fri Mar 19 18:06:34 PDT 2010

Contact US Tower's customer service and tell them you need the Installation and Maintenance Instructions and also the Formal Stress Analysis Document for the MA-40/MARB to complete a building permit application before placing an order for the tower.

Most of their tubular telescoping towers are only rated at 70 mph fastest-mile method (old TIA RS-222-F spec) .  If your local building code requires 90 mph 3-second average (current TIA RS-222-G), you may be out of luck.  I have an MA-55 and haven't had any luck getting an updated stress analysis.  (70 mph fastest-mile = 85 mph 3 second gust, so it's not a huge stretch to 90 mph.)

And their installation and maintenance instructions won't impress you much....

Steve, W3AHL