[TowerTalk] M2 OR2800PDC question

Ed Stallman n5dg at airmail.net
Fri Mar 19 20:35:41 PDT 2010

Hello gentlemen , has anyone experienced this ?

The problem I'm having with my M2 rotor is it comes to an abrupt stop
were ever it likes !  If I'm setting at 180 degrees and hold the CCW
button to set to turn to 30 degrees , any were in between it will
stop, never stopping in the same place twice.  holding the CCW button
again to get to the 30 degree position , nothing happens it will not
turn CCW at this point. It will turn CW but again it's going to stop
who knows where.

I have called M2 and the man I spoke with seams to think that the
limit switch may have fallen and possibly a gear is hitting the limit switch.

The first pretty day I will bring the rotor down.

I have not been inside the M2 rotor before and would like to know
what to watch out for , can someone pass along some helpful tips please.

I'm sure this is something I can repair my self , I've repaired my
1984 Tailtwister a couple of time .

Thanks Ed N5DG