[TowerTalk] Shack wiring

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Mar 20 14:32:58 PDT 2010

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:32:06 EDT, HansLG at aol.com wrote:

>See my answers below:

OK. You REALLY need to study my tutorial on Power and Grounding. Executive
summary: 1) ALL grounds in any premises MUST be bonded together by SHORT FAT
copper. This bonding is what makes the whole building rise to the same
voltage when lightning hits the protector at the main service entrance. 2)
NEUTRAL must be bonded to GROUND at ONE, and ONLY ONE point in a premises --
at the main service entrance.

IMO, further discussion is beyond the scope of this reflector.

BTW -- this material is also in K7LXC's excellent "Up the Tower" book. I
wrote most of the Grounding chapter.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC