[TowerTalk] Cable Pulls

Jerry grf at uneedspeed.net
Sat Mar 27 09:21:23 PDT 2010

Hi All:
Yesterday I pulled all my cables out of the 4 inch underground pipe (100
ft) out to the tower after suspecting the critters had gotten to some of
the cable (shows me the importance of plugging up the pipe!).  Actually
found a dead critter along with several chewed up cables.  So, I must
replace the hf and vhf lines as well as the switching/rotor cables.

My question is:  in order to minimize the cables twisting together, do I
pull one cable at a time or all together?  The local guru's say to pull
them together all at once.  Somehow I feel the one at a time would
minimize the "twisting together".  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Tnx and 73
Jerry France
K7LY
Lake Havasu City,AZ