[TowerTalk] TH-7DXX vs. TH-6DX

Chet chetmoore at cox.net
Tue Mar 30 09:38:49 PDT 2010

Consider buying or borrowing from your club's copy of  the K7LXS tribander
report from the moderator of this reflector.  This report covers just about
all the tri banders except the stepIRs which were not available at the time
the report was done.  This report  provides on the air comparisons Of these
tribanders all of which were done on the same antenna range.  I have had
both the th-6 and the th-7 and didn't see much difference.  Hygain sells a
beam refurbishing kit for about 40 bux with new trap covers, hardware etc.
If you are buying a used th-6 or 7, this is money well spent as the UV makes
these traps brittle and I'd bet you have already noticed some cracked trap
covers.  I have a TH-3 that we use for field day I have refurbished 3 times
with these kits.

If you are not locked into the th-6 - 7  this report also recommends some
better performers.

73

Chet N4FX