[TowerTalk] TH-7DXX vs. TH-6DX

GALE STEWARD k3nd at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 12:13:40 PDT 2010

I have an original TH6 (before the DXX). It's been rebuilt a number of times. AFAIK, the only difference between the original and the DXX was the boom to mast mounting hardware. The newer used the Hygain cast blocks and tilt-type mount.

Mine is at 62 ft and set for the CW dimensions. It works fine on both modes even though the SWR gets over 3:1 up higher in the phone bands. There's undoubtedly better tribanders out there but it's still a good antenna. I enter all the DX contests and do well and I've worked every country. I know all that doesn't mean all that much but I've never thought that the antenna wasn't at least decent or better.

FWIW,

73, Stew K3ND