[TowerTalk] Installing a ground rod with a T-Post driver

Michael Germino ad6aa at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 30 19:48:59 PDT 2010

FYI

On soil that's not too bad.  A steel T-Post driver works well.

Those steel fence post you see that are in a T shape are driven in sometimes with a T-Post driver (a pipe with a weighted end.)  Some of the drivers have handles and some of the simple homemade ones don't.

You slide the Driver over the fence post or ground rod and pound it in by repeatedly  raising and pounding down.  The last few feet will need a hammer, but the driver is a easy way to start a ground rod.

I know this wouldn't be for everyone and probably most know about it, but I figure this would be a good time to give out this information for those who don't know about it.

Mike
AD6AA