[TowerTalk] *Towertalk *BREAKING NEWS* [was Rohn Bolt Torque & Wenches, Owls, True North...]

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat May 1 16:45:04 PDT 2010

JoeCoolDXer wrote:
> While appropriate utilization of Wenches, True North, and Owls are vitally important aspects of a world-beating tower/antenna installation and utility, *today*, right here on Towertalk, it can now be revealed a previously Absolute Top-Secret weapon to maximize station performance:
>
>                          ***PYRAMIDS***
>
> It has long been known that *pyramids* harbor magical mystical properties and powers that mere mortals can never quite fully understand. Nevertheless, it is paramount that one attempt to incorporate appropriate pyramid technology into any hard-core pile-up busting high-horsepower antenna/tower system for the ultimate in heavy-artillery killer-RF output.  Most appropriately as part of the tower-base concrete monolith.  No tower should be without one if maximum performance is desired.
>
> An example can be seen at  http://www.qrz.com/db/N7EF<http://www.qrz.com/db/N7EF>  (scroll to the bottom of page).

Around here that concrete does not leave enough space between it and the
cross braces.  It'd quickly fill with leaves and block the drainage
which would freeze in the spring and fall.

I made the same mistake in mine, but I moved to the time honored dome
for strength, rather than the mystical pyramid.

73

Roger (K8RI)