[TowerTalk] Adivce Using Irrigation Pipe

Phil Chambley pchambley at gmail.com
Sun May 2 11:08:47 PDT 2010

Thanks everyone,

I do like that new base Rick, I'll have to figure out how to incorporate
that into what I've got for the bases so far. So using a piece of the same
material, the 3 inch tubing, as an internal sleeve alone isn't
recommend, looks like I should go over the joint with a piece of 3 inch PVC.
Since I don't want this to come down, I should go back to guy points of
U-bolts in a 4 to 3 inch PVC reducing coupling glued to a short piece 3 inch
PVC pipe that I can screw into place.

Raising this sounds like it might be interesting since the ground isn't
completely flat and everyones says  stop thinking about trying it without
the side guys. Before I can get started I have some more tress to bring down
up there.

Thanks again for the ideas,

Phil
KT7J