[TowerTalk] Making the most out of utility poles

Rudy Bakalov r_bakalov at yahoo.com
Sun May 2 13:10:59 PDT 2010

Hello all,
A friend of mine was able to procure and deliver for me four 40' utility poles.  I plan on using them for a 4SQ set up by mounting aluminum tubing to the top and running wires along the sides to build full-size 1/4 elements for 80m.
The specifications recommend 5 1/2' of the pole to be in the ground so I am left with 35' above ground. I was wondering if you guys have some creative ideas how to make the most out of the poles. A quick idea that comes to mind is wire log-periodics for 20-10m, fixed is some key locations.
Any other suggestions?
Rudy N2WQ