[TowerTalk] 2" OD tubing inside a Rohn 25AG2

Larry & Karen k0is at iowatelecom.net
Sun May 2 10:24:53 PDT 2010

Tom,  There is no way I would use ANY aluminum tubing as a mast at any time.  In this case there are three problems.....aluminum....tubing.....length.  Tubing is not pipe and that length of it with any substantial weight, i.e. windload, is inviting disaster.  Another section of tower is the ONLY correct and safe way to achieve the height you're after.  It's cheaper to do it right once than to do it twice to GET it right.  For what it's worth....I'm no expert.  I'd be interested to see what K7LXC has to say about your question.

Larry
K0IS