[TowerTalk] Wilson TT-45 Tubular Tower

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon May 3 11:42:17 PDT 2010

Dave NT9E wrote:
> Last August we had a microburst go through Mchenry IL and my Wilson
> TT-45 bent at the point where the raising fixture (RBRF-10) holds onto
> the tower and allows it to rotate. So now I have a permanent 5-10 deg

IF I remember correctly and that's a big if so I spelled it our instead
of the IIRC, the Wilson is of relatively simple construction and is a
relatively light weight tower made of tubular steel. "I think" it's
structural, or even thin steel. IF that is the case, you could probably
get it fixed.   A welder could cut the bed out, and replace it or even
sleeve over it. I know I can weld 16Ga with my MIG welder and if some
one with my level of skill (or lack there of) can do that, those guys
should be able rebuild the whole tower...for a price.

IF you live near a welding shop, see if you can get one of the welders
to take a look at it. Make sure they know the specifications before they
start cutting and welding.  They might (and probably could) do the work
right there on site, but get a price first as time and material for "on
site" might not be what we consider inexpensive. <:-))

Good Luck,

73

Roger (K8RI)