[TowerTalk] Sloping Tower Base

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Tue May 4 10:12:22 PDT 2010

In a message dated 5/3/2010 5:57:41 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I am getting ready to pour the base for my Rohn 45 with  a buried
section. Is
there any reason why I can't put a slope on the top  of the base to make
sure
that water drains away from the tower legs  quickly. I was thinking of
maybe
making the back of the base 7 inches high  and the front of the base 6
inches
high to give me a nice  slope.

    Sure. What you do is put in your 2x4 forming on  the perimeter of the
hole to whatever slope you want and it'll come  out that way. It's not
critical with this small amount of concrete surface  area but it couldn't hurt.

Cheers,
Steve   K7LXC
TOWER TECH