[TowerTalk] Grounding question

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon May 10 08:30:58 PDT 2010

On Mon, 10 May 2010 07:45:53 -0700, jimlux wrote:

>The folks on the code review panels DO know about lightning, RF,
>and line frequency faults.

I strongly agree.

>The main focus of the NEC is safety of people and not burning the house
>down, and that AWG 6 jumper will work just fine for that.

Yes, if all other parts of the code are followed. But I've seen MANY
cases of the code NOT being followed, and many instances in large
buildings that got ignored (and the building approved) by the electrical
inspector. Grounding for the house I bought in California was a MESS
before I fixed it.

My only point is that one should not take the actions of an electrician
as an indication of the right way to do things.

73,

Jim K9YC