[TowerTalk] Odd radial field question

Charlie Gallo Charlie at TheGallos.com
Mon May 10 19:26:59 PDT 2010

Hi Gang,
Here is an odd one - I live on a smallish (42x98) lot in NYC, and Verticals are an issue because of the problem stringing radials.

My driveway (currently asphalt ) is coming apart, and I'm seriously thinking of having a concrete driveway put in.  Now, like a LOT of driveway, it'll have steel reinforcing mesh in it.  Do you guys see any value in tieing all the mesh panels together electrically (passing wires under things like the expansion joints) and making the driveway, in effect, one big radial field?  It's by far the largest part of the property NOT covered by the house/garage

--
73 de KG2V

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations,
pursuing invariably the same Object evinces
 a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism,
it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government,
 and to provide new Guards for their future security."

My Website: http://www.thegallos.com
My Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

The difference between science and the fuzzy subjects
 is that science requires reasoning, while those other subjects merely require scholarship.
 --Lazarus Long