[TowerTalk] Grounding question

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue May 11 19:11:19 PDT 2010

On Tue, 11 May 2010 21:58:32 -0400, Roger (K8RI) wrote:

>First, our electrical inspector told me, after I remarked about the size
>(or lack thereof) of the required ground after we put the drop to the
>house underground, that the grounds were primarily for protection from
>shock and fire.  Any lightning protection was incidental.

Your electrical inspector should study the code. :)

Most electrical inspectors have risen through the ranks of pipe benders,
and by kissing you know what with unions and politicians. There are, of
course, exceptions.

The SOLE reason for the connection of neutral to EARTH is LIGHTNING
PROTECTION.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC