[TowerTalk] STEPPIR and Wind Direction

Ken Eigsti diverken at chaffee.net
Thu May 13 20:03:30 PDT 2010

I just replaced a HAM IV that was turning my STEPPIR 3 element with the
40/30 add on "trombone". (Brake broke) I am trying to figure out what
direction to park the antenna (it's at a seldom used contest location)  with
regard to the wind? My C39 Force 12 yagi seems to like to be "pointing in
the direction of the wind". If wind is from the west, it's pointed east.

When the STEPPIR brake broke and started turning in the wind,  I noticed
that maybe it likes to have the wind blowing 90 deg to which it is pointed.
Wind from West, antenna pointed North.

Has anyone else had some experience as to the direction of "least
resistance" regarding the STEPPIR and wind?

I thought there was a STEPPIR reflector but couldn't find it?

Thanks
Ken W0LSD