[TowerTalk] KT34XA

Ed Haggerty himself at edhaggerty.com
Sat May 22 14:17:38 PDT 2010

Tony

Thank you very much, the second attachment is exactly what I was looking for.

As for the M2 upgrade, I am trying to avoid that cost.  So please send the tip you were talking about.

I have the 6 pdf from M2's website already.  But if you have any other documentation on the KT-34XA, I would appreciate seeing it.

Again ... thank you

On 22 May, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Tony Brock-Fisher wrote:

> Ed-
>
> Attached are some old drawings I have that show which pieces work on which bands. I've been a fan of this antenna for many years, having had one or more up in the air since 1987. I currently have an M2 version, the KT-36XA. Despite what 'The Tribander Report' says (they had a bad one) it outperforms almost any 3-band interlaced beam on the market. As for restoration, I wouldn't worry about the cosmetics; just make sure all the plastic and fiberglass pieces are replaced, and make sure you get good solid connections at the joints. The M2 upgrade is an excellent idea if you can afford it. If not, email me and I'll send you some tips on increasing reliability on the KLM hardware.
>
> -Tony, K1KP
> <kt-34xa ad.jpg><kt-34 ad.jpg>

73's

Ed    KB3TOX