[TowerTalk] Help with Create CLP-5130 log periodic

Roger D Johnson n1rj at roadrunner.com
Wed May 26 07:17:34 PDT 2010

I want to refurbish and put up my old Create LP. Unfortunately,
it's missing the longest element. My manual doesn't give any
element dimensions so I downloaded a manual from the web.
Comparing the dimensions of the second longest element with the one
on my antenna  didn't make sense. After floundering around a bit,
I discovered that the downloaded manual was for a 21 element
antenna while mine has 24 elements! Fortunately, the longest element
seems to be the same for both models. The element needing replacement
is 1500mm (59 inches) long consisting of a length of 7mm tubing
telescoped into a length of 10mm tubing. I cannot determine what the
required tubing lengths are. The downloaded manual gives dimensions
that don't seem to make sense. here is what it says for longest element:

D7-10-1500 (.28" D-0.39" X 43.70")

I've figured it out except for the 43.70" dimension. At first, I thought
that
this was the 10mm tube length. However, according to the drawing (and
my antenna), some of the elements have the same inner tube lengths. This
is not reflected in the dimensions in the downloaded manual.

I'm hoping someone has an antenna or element handy and can measure
the lengths for me.

Thanks, Roger N1RJ