[TowerTalk] LIGHTENING--Ground or No Ground?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri May 28 16:06:15 PDT 2010

On Fri, 28 May 2010 18:36:55 -0400, Dale M. Schwartz wrote:

>The above advice cuts against the grain of everything I have ever
>read from the ARRL and elsewhere.  Any comments?

Hes wrong. Study 2010 ARRL Handbook, or Up the Tower (K7LXCs new book).
Also study my Power and Grounding Tutorial, or my RFI Tutorial, both at

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/publish.htm

Bottom line -- you can have as many grounds as you want, more is better,
but ALL OF THEM MUST BE BONDED TOGETHER, every wire that enters your premises
(power, CATV, telco, antennas) must be bonded to that combination of grounds,
and all of those connections should be both robust and SHORT. Virtually all
REAL experts agree on this, and it is in full agreement with all building
codes.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC