[TowerTalk] HG52-ss cable

Eugene Jensen eugenejensen at nyc.rr.com
Mon May 31 19:24:59 PDT 2010

 I certainly would not buy anything that I consider of any real value like
$10,000 radio towers and their related hardware like very expensive rotors
and antennas up there; to crap that I would buy at one of the big hardware
stores, and I don't care which one you pick.  I would order my cable from
any of the shops that are building cables for industrial applications and
have to supply proof tags on them.  When they cut your order, they are
cutting it from the same rolls that they have to put in their big test
machines and then certify that that is where they came from.  You also can
have the supplier certify what the strength of the cable you are purchasing
is going to be.  I don't think they will charge you for just what the roll
has from the manufacturer saying what it is rated for.  We buy lots of
industrial rated cables and slings at work, and they all have proof tags on
them.  If I find anything around my shop minus its tags, it is cut right
then and there and thrown in the dumpster.  I don't need a three ton
electric motor in the basement.  So I certainly want nothing less for my
radio tower.  73's and be safe.  Gene K2QWD