[TowerTalk] Andrew CNT-240-FR

K0DAN k0dan at comcast.net
Tue Nov 2 18:46:50 PDT 2010

Hi Gene...

Good stuff, I wouldn't hesitate to use it for short interconnects...provided
you can get good quality connectors to put on it.

Also if your applications are > 50Mhz and your overall cable runs exceed 100
feet you may want to consider heftier cable for the ops above 50Mhz, as the
little cable segments, and the connector issues, start to add some serious
losses above VHF. Since it sounds like these are just 30' segments
connecting longer cable runs, you'll probably be just fine, but if you're
concerned about it, do a site drawing, get some charts and compute & add up
the cable losses for each type of cable segment/frequency. Add 0.25-0.50 dB
for any connectors/adaptors if used above 50Mhz and you should be in the
ballpark. This all assumes good weatherproofing and good practices....what
you install today will not be the same 10 years from now!

Good luck!

73

Dan
K0DAN