[TowerTalk] Adjusting a Gamma Match on a Yagi with an Antenna Analyzer

n8de at thepoint.net n8de at thepoint.net
Mon Nov 8 19:41:25 PST 2010

Whoa.

A gamma match has TWO things to 'change' ... one is the point of
attachment from gamma rod to the driven element ... the other is the
SERIES CAPACITOR in the gamma line.

All gamma matches that I use are tuned by placing the antenna analyzer
about ONE FOOT from the feedpoint, then going back and forth between
the capacitor and the shorting bar .. until the match is what I want
it to be.

The inductive portion of your measurement seems to be due to NOT
having a series capacitor in the gamma match.

73
Don
N8DE