[TowerTalk] Quads

Hector Garcia XE2K j_hector_garcia at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 8 21:40:05 PST 2010

Tom

I think that you need to know  the impedance of your antenna first before think
to use a matching section to adjust it to your coaxial.

I have a 6 band quad 6-20m  and only in 12m is needed the matching section  all
the others bands are direct feed to 50 ohms
the antenna design  was to have the direct feed to 50 ohms coax,   the impedance
is around 45-60 ohms in the bands and  most of them reach the 1:1.1

each loop is feed  with a piece of coaxial cable to the  remote antenna
selector.

More info about my antenna that was designed  by Robert KG6B  (I took advantage
of his work and build mine first )  he have a photo of his antenna and
all the related things  in his web page    http://www.kg6b.com/

I have  another 6m  quad  old design and that also feed direct to 50 ohms, from
the packet.com

Another great source of Quads  mono band and long boom  are in the W4RLN books
Cubical Quad.

Also a few clues of how you can get a direct feed  to 50 ohms with broadband  in
quads  (yagis also)  is  www.g0ksc.co.uk   he is great in the design and
modeling antennas

Hope you learn a few new things of the quads modeled with powerful  computer
software.

 J.Hector Garcia  XE2K / AD6D
Mexicali B.C  DM22fp
P.O.Box 73