[TowerTalk] Weatherproofing unused coax

Alfred Frugoli ke1fo at arrl.net
Thu Nov 11 09:29:54 PST 2010

Sorry for this dupe - I hit send too soon, see the ** text for the part I
left out.

Happy Veterans Day everyone,

I have 4 runs of coax for my 2 element 80M phased array that must be left
disconnected except for when the antenna is in use (due to the fact that the
center of the array where the phasing box must sit is in the middle of my
driveway).  What's the best way to temporarily waterproof these open and
unused coax connectors?  I'm hoping for a solution that's fairly easy to
do/undo so the array can be connected fairly quickly.

** would sometihing like the cap found here (
http://www.westmarine.com/1/1/5320--thrudeck-coax-connector-cap-pl-259-feed-through.html)
work?  The PL-259 could be sealed onto the barrel connector and then the cap
could go on the other end to finish off the deal.  Then I could just use a
very short jumper to finish the job.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

73 de Al, KE1FO