[TowerTalk] Fwd: Adjusting a Gamma Match on a Yagi with an Antenna Analyzer

Chuck w5pr at swbell.net
Thu Nov 11 10:31:01 PST 2010

Ok, I understand all this.  The capacitor in the gamma is to cancel the
inductance so there is a resistive load.  Shorter/longer DE will also vary
the capacitive/inductive component without much effect on the operation of
the antenna (to a degree).

I just want to adjust the gamma to a 50 ohm impedance with zero
inductive/capacitive component.  I now have Z=63 ohms and a capacitive
component.  I want to adjust the gamma with a minimum of fuss.  I will
shorten the gamma to lower the Z and either lower the capacitance or
lengthen the DE to tune out the capacitive component.  These will interact,
so it may take several tries.  Am I correct?

The only reason I have not gone out and done this yet is we have had rain
every day.  I will first shorten the gamma and re-measure, then adjust the
DE and re-measure and report back with my findings.  (When the rain stops!)

Chuck W5PR