[TowerTalk] Winch questions - Message: 3

Terry G. Glagowski TGlagowski at SBCglobal.net
Thu Nov 11 23:52:03 PST 2010

I Have a Tristao 52 ft tower, very similar to the HG52SS...
And I too am looking for a winch / hoist that is appropriate for this.
The tower itself weighs 550 pounds and there are 3 sections, two of which are
supported by the cable.
Simple arithmetic puts the weight of the upper two sections somewhere under 400
lbs then there is the weight of the mast and antennas.  Perhaps around 500
pounds is a good figure to start from for the minimum weight requirements.

Here are some URL links that I have investigated:

http://www.americanwinchesandhoists.com/

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_winches+ac-powered-winches

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Fulton+Dutton+Winch&btnG=Search

http://www2.northerntool.com/winches.htm

http://www2.northerntool.com/product/200320251.htm

The first one has a product called "Lil Hercules" but it isn't for outside use.
My search isn't complete and I could use some good and specific ideas
Terry / W1TR