[TowerTalk] Crankup tower winches

Dan Hearn n5ardxcc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 09:20:40 PST 2010

If you are satisfied with the strength of the present manual winch it is
relatively simple to adapt it to use a heavy duty variable speed drill
connected to the crank shaft and much simpler than installing a new motor
driven winch.
  My crankups came with motor driven winches but I use a manual winch and
electric drill drive to raise heavy antennas to the top of those towers.
This topic has been covered on TT before and I recall seeing pictures of
conversions, probably on a link. Try the search feature on TT

73, Dan, N5AR