[TowerTalk] TX-455 and Ice

Bill Gillenwater gillie at pa.net
Sun Nov 14 10:42:44 PST 2010

My experience is that if you have an ice storm and the tower is up or down,
leave it where it is until the ice melts. If you try moving the tower and
there is ice on the cables, you risk having the whole thing come crashing
down. I have seen ice coated cables slide through pulleys like butter.
Whenever I expected ice, I left the tower down, if it was up and had an
unexpected ice accum. overnight for example, I left it up.
73 Bill