[TowerTalk] Want info on tower standoffs for cables

Joseph or Ruth Patrick hdmc38 at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 24 10:56:30 PST 2010

For self supporting guyed towers like Rohn 45G. I use SS standoffs from Tessco.
They clamp a bracket to the tower leg with a SS hose clamp. Coming off the
bracket is a piece of SS All-thread. The cable is held vertical by Blocks with 2
holes thru them split in the center. I put a piece of rubber hose around the
cable where the Blocks come together. The Blocks are stack-able so you can run
More than enough cables up the tower.
 http://www.tessco.com/yts/industry/products/infra/pdfs/ssm_visual_guide.pdf
 See pages 1,2,&3. If you have a crank up there was an earlier post with some
commercial made stand offs that looked real good. I have not used them, But they
look good.73 K4XZ Joe Patrick