[TowerTalk] Cushcraft Parts from MFJ

knormoyle at surfnetusa.com knormoyle at surfnetusa.com
Wed Nov 24 15:04:04 PST 2010

Talking about MFJ-259B reminds me of my recent experience which I was happy with.

I had killed my MFJ-259B somehow. Possibly RF overload on the input. Don't know.
Came up with 0 Mhz no matter what.

Ruefully packed it up to MFJ repair. It came back amazingly fast I thought, just like 2-3 weeks?
exact list of parts replaced (more than I think was needed minimally, but I was ok with that).
I was going to list the parts as I thought it provided useful insight into what MFJ repair typically
thinks needs repair on this kind of failure.

The bill including shipping I think totalled around $70, which I thought was pretty amazing. I mean
you can't get an automotive tech for $50/hr hardly..so an hours worth of tech time for maybe $50..
Fair deal.

I can't complain.

If someone out there can compete with this: obviously you should start a repair business. I couldn't
compete with it.

-kevin
ad6z