[TowerTalk] shunt fed tower and dipole interaction

Gary Slagel gdslagel at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 8 06:44:24 PDT 2010

Hi guys,

I've got a 51' tower with a tribander at about 56'.  I've also got a 40/80/160 trap inv vee hanging at about 50' off the tower.  40 works reasonably well, 80 just ok and 160 pretty much not at all at that height.

I'm thinking of shunt feeding the tower for 80 and 160.  Am I going to get so much interaction between the loaded tower and the 80/160 dipole that its really not worth doing?  Or... since their vertical and horizontal polarized will the interaction not be much of an issue?

Thanks for any opinions.

Gary Slagel/N0SXX
Hot Springs, SD
http://marina.fortunecity.com/sanpedro/351