[TowerTalk] Crimped PL-259's

Tommy Alderman aldermant at windstream.net
Thu Oct 14 08:40:06 PDT 2010

I disagree with that statement!

Just look at the frequency range usage specification for various types of
connectors. Anything beyond that can be covered under the word 'marketing'!
Except on high quality test equipment and large coax, if you use crimp
connectors at frequencies over about 500 MHz, you WILL get into trouble.
Over a gigahertz, this should not really be a problem because, really, over
a gigahertz one should switch to SMA type connectors and semi-rigid coax.

Tom - W4BQF