[TowerTalk] Resonant boom

Stan Stockton k5go at cox.net
Sat Oct 23 18:04:03 PDT 2010

Anyone by chance have an easier to accomplish idea other than one I
remember being suggested to someone else with a similar problem -
fishing a wire through a hole near the center of the boom and letting
it hang out the end.  I can watch the SWR on my 40 meter antenna go
from 1.2/1 to 2.0/1 just by turning the rotatable 40m Yagi or the 20m
Yagi which is about 175 feet away and 65 feet lower.  Boom is 65 feet
and elements are insulated.

Lesson learned on boom lengths...

I would prefer to fix it with the least amount of work.  I can
probably do the wire thing on one side but not the other due to an
weight-balance obstruction.  Hate to have about 15 feet of wire
hanging out if the back of the boom.

Thanks...Stan, K5GO

Sent from Stan's IPhone