[TowerTalk] Next Question on the TX-472 - Winches

Dan Bookwalter n8dcj at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 09:36:27 PDT 2010

Ok , I just unpacked the raising fixture i received from Dick W4ETO , everything
is in great shape , i noticed that the winch on the raising fixture is a K2550 ,
when i got my TX-472 about 8 years ago it had a K1550 , i was wondering if i can
swap the two  ? i have read that the tower is much nicer to crank up with the
2550 vs the 1550 , can the 1550 handle the loads of lifting the tower from horiz
to vert ? i would assume so...

Dan N8DCJ