[TowerTalk] FW: Divining rods

Ryan Jairam rjairam at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 09:29:30 PDT 2010

I've refrained from posting on this topic of divining rods since it is
off topic but I think I must say one thing.

There are some things that baffle even the highest of IQs.  One
example I believe is someone mentioned about how things don't always
scale?  That's 100% correct. The very large - think of supermassive
black holes. No one knows exactly what happens near them but there are
some theories.  The laws of physics on Earth somehow don't seem to
apply there. But no one knows for sure.  Subatomic particles? Years
ago we thought we knew the whole story. Now we're finding out that
there are many more subatomic particles in the nucleus.  Hence, the
LHC was built to get to the bottom of the story. But I have a feeling
it will be a while, if ever, before we find out the whole story.

Could be the same for divining rods. But no one is going to invest
money on the scale of the LHC to find out how they work... or even IF
they work...

Hey, the farmer's almanac says we're in for a less snowy winter. I
wish they were wrong, my snow blower could use some exercise. ;)

73
Ryan, N2RJ