[TowerTalk] LM-354HD Sections Racking

Michael Hofe, AI3H AI3H at thehofefamily.com
Tue Sep 7 17:04:26 PDT 2010

I was wondering if anyone has had the problem where the middle section of their LM-354HD racks inside the base section when the tower is extended?  What I mean is that the center section of tower will twist slightly and the top and bottom rollers (top and bottom of the middle section) will slip past the leg of the bottom section preventing the tower from being lowered unless you go up and pry the section / rollers back on the bottom section legs.  If so, has anyone devised a method of preventing the middle section from slipping off the bottom section leg?  I was thinking of fabricating some type of stainless steel shim that would be fastened to the bottom section leg that when the tower is full extended, the shims would be positioned between the rollers and the bottom section leg.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike, AI3H