[TowerTalk] Reradiated Noise from Delta Loop

Robert Harmon k6uj at pacbell.net
Sun Sep 12 16:22:22 PDT 2010

I am experimenting with a flag antenna for receiving on 80 to hopefully orient it so our local power line noise is reduced.  The noise been up to S6 to S7 on 80 meters.
I am using a full wave delta loop for 80 strung off the side of my tower.  I'm using a balanced tuner and ladder line feeding it for vertical polarization.  It would probably reduce the
noise level if I fed it for horizontal polarization  (??) but I want the lowest angle of radiation for DX use.  I figure its best to try a separate receive antenna so I am experimenting with
different antennas to see what is going to work the best to reduce the noise level.
I think the delta loop is reradiating the noise so need to figure out how to open it somewhere or ground it.   I have been searching through the archives and found one solution was
opening up the delta loop in the middle of the bottom horizontal leg.  Anyone had success with other options to "de-noise" the loop ?

Bob
K6UJ