[TowerTalk] PEER FTJ211 Thrust Bearing

Todd Coulter Coulter at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 15 08:01:45 PDT 2010

Thanks we got it!

Todd
N4JRZ

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Germino [mailto:ad6aa at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:32 AM
To: Todd Coulter
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PEER FTJ211 Thrust Bearing

Todd,

It is eccentric. (You would usually set it in the direction of rotation)  I
would look at the collar and see which way it was hit to tighten and hit it
the
other way.  (Loosen the set screw first)  If you don't see any marks, tap it
one
way then another.  (If you don't see any marks, it shouldn't be that tight)

Give it a little spray of penetrating oil and it will come off easy.  I have

really set some collars hard on the farm and they were not that hard to
remove.
(after the set screw was removed)

Mike
73, AD6AA