[TowerTalk] 80-m. Inverted Vee vs. Dipole Performance

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Thu Sep 16 09:12:36 PDT 2010

Hi Bill

With a StepIR on top of a tower, wouldn't it make a difference which band
the StepIR is tuned for for the sloper to work?

If the top antenna is like a ground plane, it seems as though the lower the
StepIR is tuned, the better the sloper would work.  If it were tuned to 20,
it'd have more hardware out there.

Seems like it would be kind of interesting to check the sloper while you
adjust the StepIR.  73

Tom W7WHY